Brand Manager, Game Publishing
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
Hey there, we are Treasure! Treasure is one of the leading game publishers pioneering a new era of decentralized gaming. We are building an interconnected network of games that brings players and games together through the magic of play — all on the blockchain.
Founded in 2021, Treasure has quickly grown to become a top decentralized gaming ecosystem that is home to over 15+ indie games built by seasoned game teams, including The Beacon, Mighty Action Heroes, Zeeverse, Kaiju Cards, and more. We also have our own in-house game studio working on developing its first flagship title based on the original Treasure IP!
We are the real deal in decentralized gaming and have over 300,000 community members playing our games today. All projects on Treasure are linked–narratively and economically–through our network. Our community supports the entire game ecosystem to grow new projects and continue supporting more mature ones.
To build the best games community in the world for both players and developers.
We strive to fulfill our mission through the launch of amazing games on top of the Treasure platform which supports the growth of developers and the communities that play their games and bring their hearts to support the development process.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Treasure is one of the leading game publishers pioneering a new era of decentralized gaming. We are building an interconnected network of games that brings players and games together through the magic of play. We are deeply community-driven and are working tirelessly to create fun and novel game experiences, imagine new game IP that can be interwoven together, and to build game-changing technology — all on the blockchain. Founded in 2021, Treasure has quickly grown to become a top gaming ecosystem that is the home to over 15+ indie games built by seasoned first- and third-party game studios, including: The Beacon (Skillcap Studios), Mighty Action Heroes (Mighty Bear Games), Zeeverse (Beetroot Labs), Kuroro (Trudan Studios), Knights of the Ether (Merlyn Labs), Kaiju Cards (Permadeath Studios), and more.
As a Brand Manager at Treasure, you will be joining a small but mighty marketing and publishing team. You'll be asked to hit the ground running as a true owner that will oversee the end-to-end marketing for an upcoming core title built by Darkbright, Treasure's in-house game studio. The game is a hybrid between a life sim and strategy RPG that is based on original Treasure IP around the "Smols" and is preparing to launch at the end of the year. You'll be responsible for developing and executing long-term franchise strategy, brand development, and go-to-market plans for games built not only by Darkbright but also other external game studios who are partnered with Treasure. You will work closely with the development teams, the founders at Treasure, and across many functions at Treasure to implement and manage the go-to-market strategy and the tactical execution of the strategic marketing plan globally for games.
The ideal candidate to come into this role is someone who has been there, done that in a GTM and brand management position at another video games organization. As we pioneer an evolution of game publishing in an exciting new and fast moving space, there will be unknowns and ambiguity along the way. If you're someone who is excited by an opportunity like this and wants to work closely with some incredible game studios, please apply!
- Lead the planning and execution of the go-to-market, brand development, and marketing strategy for assigned titles in close collaboration with the Head of Marketing and broader publishing team.
- Manage tactics and projects that support the delivery of the strategy and plans, ensuring they are effective, delivered on time and to budget.
- Develop and execute marketing plans to drive user acquisition, engagement, and retention.
- Create and manage marketing budgets, ensuring campaigns are cost-effective and on track to meet performance goals.
- Produce asset briefs and liaise with the internal creative team and external agencies to create assets and materials as required.
- Manage asset approvals, critique assets to ensure brand consistency.
- Act as an evangelist for assigned titles and the web3 gaming market. Demo games to stakeholders and become an expert in each title’s competitive environment.
- Collaborate with the wider publishing team- community, live ops, partnerships, etc. - to ensure the whole campaign is executed and supported effectively.
- Analyze data from marketing activities and channels to ensure data informs and supports all of our decisions.
- Conduct ongoing product and competitive marketing analysis to ensure consumer and market trends are informing key brand strategies.
- Collaborate with external agencies to execute marketing campaigns across a variety of channels (social media, influencer partnerships, paid advertising, etc.).
- Develop and maintain relationships with key industry influencers, partners, and media outlets.
- 3-4 years of video games marketing or publishing experience;
- Experience managing external marketing agencies and service providers, with a strong network of industry contacts;
- Proven ability to develop and execute successful marketing campaigns across a variety of channels;
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyze data and make informed decisions to optimize performance;
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once, prioritize, and take initiative;
- Immensely organized and able to create order while working across many parallel work streams;
- Proactivity; you're someone who tries to think 10 moves ahead to plan for potential opportunities and risks that may lie ahead;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with cross-functional teams and external partners; and
- Love and understanding of the gaming industry, motivation to adapt quickly as new trends emerge, and the willingness to grow and learn.
- Knowledge and excitement about the potential for web3, blockchain technology, and NFTs to transform gaming;
Nice to Have
- Experience in web3 blockchain gaming;
- You're an active gamer or are passionate about gaming;
- Located in North America with compatible timezones - Eastern Standard Time (EST) or close timezones (CST or PST);
- Prior knowledge of Treasure and its gaming ecosystem; and
- Experience working with a distributed and global team.
As mentioned, the above is just a list. We want to assess ALL of you, including who you are and the potential of who you can be. If you have some or all of what we're seeking, please apply!
At Treasure, we are dedicated to building not just a product, but a workplace that values and promotes creativity and the diversity of people and thoughts. Our biggest asset is our global team, and we want to make sure that we are fuelling an authentic workplace, where each individual can feel a sense of belonging.
Treasure provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Competitive Compensation Plan
Flexible Work Hours; team members are committed to building and delivering tremendous results, not watching the clock
Modern tools and processes, and co-workers who are on the cutting edge of innovation in product development
An Amazing Team :)
At Treasure, we are dedicated to building not just a product, but a workplace that values and promotes creativity and the diversity of people & thoughts. Our hugest asset is our global team, and we want to make sure that we are fueling an authentic workplace, where each individual can feel a sense of belonging.
This studio provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.