Site Reliability Engineer
The Future is Omnichain.
Founded in 2021, LayerZero’s vision is to create a community of cross-chain developers, building dApps that are no longer constrained by individual blockchain capabilities. With LayerZero's simple, generic messaging protocol, builders will develop cross-chain dApps designed to unify the power of individual blockchains.
We are funded by the best investors in the world including:
a16z, Sequoia, PayPal, Binance Ventures, Coinbase Ventures, Uniswap Labs, Circle Ventures, Delphi Digital, and many more.
ABOUT THE ROLE
At LayerZero, our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team is at the intersection of software and systems engineering, dedicated to crafting and maintaining large-scale, resilient systems. Our goal is to ensure that all LayerZero services—ranging from critical internal systems to those external users interact with—are reliable, meet the uptime expectations of our users, and continuously evolve at a swift pace. Our SRE professionals will monitor our system's capacity and performance to uphold these standards.
Our software development efforts aim to enhance system efficiency, develop robust infrastructure, and reduce manual workload through automation. As a member of the SRE team, you'll tackle the unique challenges of scaling at LayerZero. You'll leverage your skills in coding, algorithmic problem-solving, complexity analysis, and designing systems at scale. The success of our SRE team is deeply rooted in a culture that values intellectual curiosity, effective problem-solving, and an openness to different ideas. We are committed to bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and viewpoints.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Contribute to engineering advancements to enhance our capability to detect incidents more promptly, streamline their triage process, and achieve quicker resolutions.
- Work with engineering on reliability issues and onboarding new DLT systems.
- Develop infrastructure through code to bolster our systems, primarily focusing on creating Kubernetes Helm charts.
- On-call for systems our team supports.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience as a Site Reliability Engineer.
- Experience with one or more of the following: C++, Java, Python, Go, and/or Ruby, etc.
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration.
- Experience with System Design and Highly Available architecture.
- 3 years of experience with Kubernetes, including helm chart experience.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, with excellent communication skills and a sense of drive.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LayerZero Labs is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. LayerZero Labs is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.