UX Designer - Games
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2022
About Ex Populus:
Ex Populus is a pioneering game development studio formed by industry experts from Pixar, Ubisoft, Activision, and Blizzard. Renowned for developing two highly anticipated games, Final Form and LAMOverse, we are the first to deploy games on the Xai blockchain, leading the way for others in the industry. Our team works remotely, enjoying periodic meetups and utilizing Google Meets for regular communication.
Purpose & Scope:
Ex Populus is striving to bring joy to people around the globe with the world’s most compelling games and entertainment at the highest level possible. We are determined to work with the next generation of elite content creators and enable their vision by bringing them into a world class studio with some of the industry's most elite talent.
What You'll Do
- Own the design and communication of features & functionalities, documenting their flows and interactions across teams
- Design user interfaces and write the associated documentation in collaboration with the UI team including logic, layout, mock-ups, and menu flows
- Lead iterative prototyping processes in order to validate design intentions and test interactions
- Map player journeys in collaboration with Game Designers
- According to game design guidelines and onboarding strategy, design onboarding solutions for game mechanics
- Support development teams (UI, Sound, VFX, accessibility, etc.) in the design of signs & feedback
- Efficiently use player data analytics, user research resources and persona throughout the entire development process of the game
- Be aware of current trends, best practices, accessibility guidelines
- Advocate for improvements in the game or features to maximize player comfort, engagement and retention
- Promote user-focus in the development of the features you work on by providing development teams with best practices and solutions
- Produce UX documentation to support UX evangelization and align development teams
What You'll Need
- Shipped 1+ AA/AAA game on Console or PC in the last 3 years
- Experience with practical UX design experience in games
- The ideal candidate should display adaptability and excel in a small team dedicated to rapid prototyping and iteration.
- Ability to switch context across projects.
- Strong skills in designing fun/effective wireframes and interactions, user flows and prototypes.
- Experience with focus groups, user testing and game funnel analytics
- Solid understanding of interaction/graphic design fundamentals.
- Ability to create easily understandable story (persona) based solutions.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to successfully articulate, rationalize and empathize with user’s needs.
- A tireless advocate for the end user.
- Openness to receiving feedback and refining work while upholding a fresh perspective.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience in collaborating within a distributed or remote team setting.
- A thirst for learning, personal growth, and a penchant for a positive work environment, coupled with a genuine passion for gaming.
- Proficiency in English, which is the operational language.