Senior iOS Engineer
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
The majority of cryptocurrencies sit idle on exchanges and in wallets, without yielding interest. A greater number of assets are stuck in an old financial system and don’t have a path to being onchain. We're on a mission to change that.
At Compound Labs we develop protocols, governance systems, developer tools, and financial products to enable the future of finance. Most notably Compound Labs developed the Compound Protocol, a multi-chain interest rate protocol based on the Ethereum blockchain, that lets developers create new financial applications that are global, safe, and open. The Compound Protocol is one of the largest and most secure DeFi protocols on earth, with billions of dollars in assets earning interest every day.
As a Senior iOS Engineer at Compound Labs, you will help lead our team in building world-class user experiences that are unique, trustworthy and scalable across all business lines. You will be given the opportunity to influence the direction, design and execution of all future product experiences. We are regularly pulling in functional programming languages and tools, forever learning and optimizing everything we make in the name of correct coding.
At Compound Labs, you will be part of a cutting edge team building high-caliber technology that has a massive impact on the future of finance.
What You'll Do:
- Help guide long-term technical direction and vision to maintain and scale our mobile products
- Build, test and release best-in-class mobile experiences, with emphasis on performance, reliability and accessibility
- Work with Design, Product and Engineering to deliver a user-friendly and delightful app experience
- Work closely with Android and Web engineers to develop foundational solutions and ensure a cohesive user experience across Compound products
- Help architect, plan and lead decision-making for our iOS products in order to meet business goals
- Enthusiastically collaborate with a small team, owning and planning projects for long-term impact
- Teach and mentor other engineers
What You Bring to the Engineering Team:
- Proven track record in developing mobile applications and shipping user features.
- Familiarity with current trends and best practices in iOS software development, including performance, security and usability.
- Exceptional judgment, strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills with a strong analytical mindset
- 5+ years of professional engineering experience
- Deep understanding of iOS frameworks and programming languages (SwiftUI, UIKit, Swift, Objective-C)
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
Experience with these Technologies is a "Nice to Have:"
- Web3 frontend technologies, such as Web3.swift
- Experience creating a custom design system or declarative UI framework
- Experience building elegant products across iOS devices
- Experience with frontend frameworks like React, Next.js or Angular
- Background in trading or financial services, blockchain and related systems
Benefits + Perks:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options in Compound Labs
- 3+ weeks of vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Company on-sites across the world
- Remote available with the option to work in our downtown SF office (metro accessible with transportation stipends)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, age, veteran status and sexuality to apply.
Founded in 2017, Compound Labs is backed by leading investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Bain Capital, Paradigm, Polychain Capital and Coinbase Ventures.