Developer Relations Advocate - India
Software Engineering, Legal
Posted on Friday, June 16, 2023
The Arbitrum Foundation is an organisation based in the Cayman Islands that is tasked with developing and nurturing the Arbitrum ecosystem. This includes Arbitrum One, an Optimistic Rollup, that instantly scales apps, reducing costs and increasing capacity, without sacrificing Ethereum's security and Arbitrum Nova, which allows for ultra-low cost fees by leveraging AnyTrust technology making it ideal for Social and Gaming applications.
Arbitrum today is the leading Ethereum scaling solution with dominant market share including hundreds of apps on the platform and over 50% of all rollup liquidity.
The Developer Relations Advocate will be critical to accelerate the growth of the Arbitrum developer ecosystem by empowering and inspiring developers around the world to build on Arbitrum.
You will be working with the launch of Arbitrum Stylus and work with and onboard developers into the community to leverage the new features, such as deploying smart contracts written in Rust, C and C++.
Day-to-day, you’ll be responsible for driving developer adoption through talks, workshops, educational content, and other programs.
You’ll also work closely with the marketing and engineering teams to organize hackathons as well as triage developer feedback into new projects, tooling, and priorities — ensuring that the developer experience on Arbitrum is best-in-class.
What you'll do:
- Events team to prioritize and attend key events as well as organize Arbitrum-specific events. -Work with and lead the Arbitrum Ambassador program
- Be an advocate in the developer ecosystem (spanning web2 and web3), championing Arbitrum and building relationships with developers and related organizations (accelerators, dev shops, hackathon organizers, etc.) to grow Arbitrum’s awareness among developers.
- Design systematic and scalable global programs that foster developer growth.
- Community growth and interaction, helping new and experienced developers deploy smart contracts, migrate projects, and optimize existing applications.
- Actively participate in developer events aimed at education and onboarding, including live coding sessions, speaking at conferences, virtual meetups, and hackathons
- Take ownership of the developer experience on Arbitrum, proactively identifying issues and potential solutions that drive developer adoption, from protocol-level changes to third-party infrastructure requirements to our documentation, tooling, and supporting assets.
- Work alongside our engineers to assist with the creation of tutorials, demos, and other reference materials.
Who you are:
- You have a passion for and solid understanding of blockchain technologies
- Competent CS fundamentals, either in a formal university program or through self-learning
- 2+ years of experience working on a developer relations team or in a similar role, growing awareness of and engagement with developer products, and experience doing so in the blockchain industry is nice to have
- Experience delivering talks on technical concepts is required, either through work experience or through other activities
- Experience writing Go and/or Solidity code is nice to have
- Experience writing and deploying smart contracts in EVM or other environments is nice to have
- Ability to dissect and explain complex topics in a simple manner
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with both internal and external parties
At the Arbitrum Foundation, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are essential to our success.
We are committed to building a welcoming and supportive workplace for all employees, regardless of their background or identity. We strive to create an environment where everyone feels valued and has an equal opportunity to succeed and thrive. We encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply and join our team.