CEO to the Founders (aka: Executive Assistant)
You'll be our right-hand person and a force-multiplier for us. This is a super critical and exciting time for Alchemy - we’re an incredibly close family of 170, with massive global scale (powering $150+ billion in transactions), and hyperscaling the company. 🚀 Together, we will make magic over the next year as we enter the most exciting chapter of the journey yet!
The Executive Assistant position is a high exposure role -- you will be interacting with our investors, advisors, execs, partners and more. Your day to day will consist of working closely with us to manage all aspects of our Alchemy lives. Think of yourself as the CEO of Nikil and Joe. You'll get intimately familiar with what it means to be a founder of a high growth technology startup. Responsibility and ownership is unbounded - planning complex projects, designing and upgrading systems for optimizing our effectiveness, expanding the surface area and depth of our business relationships - infinite room for growth.
You’ll work closely with both us on a daily basis, have massive ownership and creative liberties, and continually take on more and more responsibility. You’ll get to see first hand from the inside how a $10B company runs and have a huge part in shaping the future of our lives.
TL/DR: We're growing crazy fast and want someone to come be the CEO of our lives - both work! We’re am looking for a stellar human to scale us.
🙌 The top 3 qualities we’re looking for in our Executive Assistants
- Execution / Hustle: High energy and a bias towards action is a must. You don't wait to be told what to do - by then you've already done it. Where other people see barriers, you find a way.
- Highly Organized: Your goal is very simple: keep Nikil and Joe operating at max performance 24/7. To do this you’ll need to combine high level strategic planning with a maniacal focus to detail and progress. You’ll need to anticipate issues and proactively handle them.
- Stellar Communication: You’ll be in constant communication with both of us - this is the key to a great team. In addition you will be meeting with and talking to our team, investors, celebrities, and other people we interact with on a daily basis. Giving them a great experience is ultra important. High quality written and verbal communication is absolutely key to success.
- Manages daily schedule, coordinate logistics for all meetings, both internal and external, being proactive about conflicts and understanding priorities for the CEO.
- Triages and prioritize asks from their direct reports, investors, and the broader team; and exercise strong judgment and discretion with highly confidential information.
- Schedules and coordinate logistics for speaking engagements, conferences or other special events (both onsite & offsite).
- Works cross-functionally to ensure communication is efficient and clear between teams.
- Creates, scales and owns processes for the executive office, must have an organized approach, knowing how to prioritize and coordinate multiple work activities in a fast paced environment is key.
- Sets best practices on the admin team as a mentor and a leader. Helps the team work efficiently together, and partners with other leaders on career & growth plans for the admin team.
- Partners closely with personal assistant on managing personal obligations with Alchemy obligations.
- Handles other administrative tasks such as ordering lunch, planning business travel, processing expenses, time checks for meetings, etc.
- Has the ability to “ think ahead” of needs. This person will anticipate potential issues and handle independently or pull together the right group of people to resolve them.
- Is able to quickly build trust and rapport with the CEO and their immediate tem, and can influence and push back when necessary.
💪 Other Must Haves
- Live in San Francisco: We have an in person culture and it’s an absolute blast. To be an effective team we need to operate together in person daily.
- 100% Commitment: This must be your full time and top commitment - not part time. This role isn't suitable for people who have a side hustle at this time. Since you will be a right hand to the founders, we will hold you to similar standards as we hold any other owner and leader at the company. Since we are in hypergrowth, we are all hands on deck right now, and want to be as honest about that as possible. At times there will be weekend and late night work. I promise it will be fun, though, and I won't ask anything of you that I wouldn't ask of myself!
- Integrity: You will have access to more of my sensitive information - both Alchemy and personal - than anyone else. Trust and integrity is an absolute must.
- Easy To Work With: We hugely value working with people who are relaxed and friendly while also being intense and absolute hustlers. Our lives are crazy and only getting crazier (in the best way possible :). You need to be able to go with the flow, laugh when it seems the hardest, and remember that everything always works out for the best!
- Chemistry: Getting along is critical in this role since we will be working together every single day. You can learn more about Nikil (personal website, not really updated for 10yrs 😂) and Joe! If you are high energy, love to laugh and are silly, and have a passion for personal development and growth, we will get along well!
- 7+ years of work experience, 2+ years supporting C-level executives: This is a minimum. The range I think is best suited for this role is 10+ years of experience. We’re looking for someone who has supported an executive during work and personal hypergrowth. Ideal background is EA or chief of staff type role for the founder of a high growth company or large financial institution.
- Creativity: Come up with ways of doing things that other people said weren’t possible. There is always a way.
- Strategic Thinking: How do we accomplish 10x what we’re doing today? Planning out long term roadmap, figuring out how to automate everything, and executing on short term solutions in tandem - how can we constantly improve?
To learn more about Nikil & Joe, and life at Alchemy, take a look at the full notion doc below: